When parents hear about a new school, they understandably have a few questions. Here are the ones we hear most, and our best answers.
Why would virtual education be good for my child?
Virtual education is a great option for students who enjoy working at their own pace and/or students who can’t be in a traditional classroom during the day, for a variety of reasons. Virtual education encourages independence and allows students to learn in a variety of ways.
What grade levels do you serve?
We serve grade levels 6-12 across the state of Oregon. Currently we do not accept students younger than 6th grade.
Who are your teachers?
Our teachers are all Oregon-licensed, highly qualified in their subject areas. They come from many areas of the state and various walks of life. Our teachers are the heart and soul of our operation, and provide the individualized attention that many students cannot get in a brick and mortar school.
My child’s home district does not participate in ORVED…
If your student’s home district does not participate in ORVED, you may register directly with ORVED. We do strongly encourage families to check with their home district first, because school districts offer the added benefit of in-person contact with caring adults, and the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities. However, not all districts in Oregon participate in ORVED, so we do accept registrations directly from parents.
By registering your student directly through ORVED:
- Your student will become a full-fledged charter student in ORVED.
- Your student may work completely from home.
- ORVED provides a FREE public education program supported by state school funding.
- If your student is enrolled in your local district, individual courses may be purchased by the district or parents may purchase courses directly.
- Your student has the option to work towards an ORVED high school diploma.
Academic Integrity isn’t just important, it’s required & it’s our highest priority. Read more.
More Questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.